Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to configure Router TP-LINK Router(TL -WA901ND) for the purpose of blocking some PCs/router to internet?
12-19-2012, 11:16 PM
How to configure Router TP-LINK Router(TL -WA901ND) for the purpose of blocking some PCs/router to internet?
In our company, I bought a TP-LINK Router (TL -WA901ND) and assigned permanent DHCP IP Addresses ranging from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.122 to allow only that range of IP Addresses to access the internet. I do have 30 computers connected to my switchhub which is connected to the new router which is connected to the internet modem. The 30 computers were connected to the server of our company with our system on it. Only I want to know is, how to block the other computers access the internet without blocking the system. Because they are most engaging in playing games from the internet but less doing encoding from our system. To avoid this, i must block their computers from having internet, but how? other router were connected to the switch hub which is connected to the the TP-Link which is connected to the DSL modem (internet). I want to block that second router. I assigned that IP range but when I look at the DHCP assigned address it displays the lower IP addresses which is 192.168.1.40, 192.168.1.55, etc.... which is some it were the disallowed computers to have internet.. but they have intnernet. Sir, help me configure the TP-Link router to limit some computers and router from accessing the internet. Hoping that there must be a response as soon as this message reached you. Thank you and More power.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 11:24 PM

You are looking for a technical solution to a non-technical problem. If using the Internet is against the rules, enforce the rules. You don't want to get into an arms race where you put up blocks, they work around the blocks, and then you have to change things and then they change things.

Simply tell these people that they are not permitted to use this router to access the Internet. Make this part of your company's written policy. If you catch people breaking the policy, issue them written warnings. This is stealing, and you need to treat it as such.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply