Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get my wireless router (Linksys) to talk to my dsl modem?
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
How do I get my wireless router (Linksys) to talk to my dsl modem?
I have a Linksys "G" wireless router and a Motorola dsl modem and I cannot connect to the net via wireless. I had no problems with Comcast broadband using their modem and my (same) router. I have tried for the past year.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Did you run a lan cable from the dsl modem to your router? If so did you download the driver from the manufacturers website? Check these 2 things first.

get behind the linksys, ask a friend to get behind the dsl modem.
have a conversation

Ads

Ensure the cable from the modem is to the CORRECT hole in the Linksys, I suppose. But I'm not saying that to insult you, as I'll bet you've already done that. My WRT54GS has only one port in, 4 out. My covad bridge modem had only one out. I connected, and it worked right away. Covad didn't approve, so APPARENTLY I was lucky.

Some ISPs insist you use ONLY their equipment, so ignorant as I am, I suppose it could be that the ISP could have a hand in your problem.

Have you tried, calling Linksys to get them to help? Before you do so, please lift up the Linksys modem and write down those little tiny numbers (part number, serial number, etc.) from the bottom, as it's no fun to try to do that during the conversation. But after that, you'll find that the Linksys folks are EXTREMELY kind, patient, polite, competent. They can possibly walk you through a solution. Worth trying.