Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you use a LCD widescreen computer monitor to view decoded signals from a digital over the air tuner?
10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Can you use a LCD widescreen computer monitor to view decoded signals from a digital over the air tuner?
I have a digital set top box tuner LG 3510a. I am using it now with a standard analog tv. It works fine, but I cannot view the HDTV signals in hi-def. I am thinking about buying a 19" wide screen LCD computer monitor to view the signals in hi-def. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM

If the monitor has input jacks that match the cable from your tuner, I bet it would work. But you should probably call the pre-sales number for the monitor manufactuer to make sure.

Probably...most of the widescreen LCD monitors have better than HDTV resolution, and digital inputs. My Dell 19" wide-screen has a specific HDTV mode, and works fine with the HDTV signal coming out of my DirectTV HDTV tuner. Just make sure the monitor's spec says it supports HDTV signals.

Ads

(you can but its complicated im not sure i saw one of my friends do it but they needed equipment)Modern LCD TV sets are universal because they have a multisystem tuner, to display PAL, NTSC and SECAM norms. And they include an electronic (step-down & step-up) transformer that automatically can use 110/250 V AC indifferently and universal grounded adapter plugs.

Also, the vast majority are no longer just for TV and HDTV (DVB). They can also be used as a computer monitor with a VGA/DVI signal, although resolution support can vary wid