Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I clean the screen on my laptop with out damaging it?
10-15-2012, 12:46 PM
How can I clean the screen on my laptop with out damaging it?
There are smudges on the screen of my laptop. How can I get them off without damaging it? I tried a soft cloth but that did not work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM

They make cleaning kits for lcd screens. I found one at office max. I hope this helped.

there are cleaning kits for computer screens. Certain smudges just wont come off. Don't be stupid like me and put WINDEX on it. Look for the nearest tech. place, they WILL have it.

Ads

water on a tissue.
safest way
its what I do and my screen's fine.

yes buy a lcd cleaning kit, I have one for my laptop and it also works for hd tvs and other monitors

i have a 22'' monitor (lcd) and i use a damp cloth (water) just wipe it and let it dry naturally, that is the KEY to getting it smear free. do not try to dry it with a cloth.....non reflective monitors....

You can use any of those lcd cleaners, if you look all they are is 50% rubbing alcohol & 50% water, so u can probably mix that yourself. I've used eyeglass cleaner before because i happened to have some handy. I usually use Glass Plus, which doesn't have ammonia like other glass cleaners.

It is actually harder than you think to damage an lcd screen. So don't be too concerned. There are lots of ways to clean it if you want to be careful

- use a tissue, slightly damp
- if you have a eyeglasses cloth you can use that
- they have special cleaning kits these days, you can use that if you want to spend the money.
- just use a linen cloth

I use Monster's iClean http://www.amazon.com/Monster-ICLN-S-iCl...074&sr=8-1 I have a really shinny laptop display and the iClean is the ONLY thing I have used that works. My screen looks like it did when I took it out of the box. It's a little pricey but if it works I think it's worth it. If you read the USER reviews you'll see that everyone loves it.

While cleaning laptop screen use dry cotton material because if you use wet material then chances of scratches will increase.