Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't I connect to my Minecraft server?
10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Why can't I connect to my Minecraft server?
Alright..So I have had this problem in 1.6 through 1.8. I did EVERYTHING there is to do.
Keep in mind, nothing below worked.
I've used Bukkit, Hamachi, and the server itself.
I have used the server properties and left the IP Blank and online mode false.
I have used the server properties and filled in the IP with my IP and online mode true and false.
I have uninstalled Minecraft and deleted the Jar file, then re downloaded it SEVERAL times.
I have tried to retry making the server all together.
I have typed "localhost" in the IP Box instead of my IP.
I have followed every single "fix" video and tutorial there is and every single answer to the problem I could find on the internet.
And none of this worked.
I am using my home computer to make the server and I'm using the same one to try and connect.
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I have BOUGHT Minecraft. Not the free version. I have all the latest updates, now in 1.8, and used the 1.8 server jar file to make my server.
Still it says " Cannot Connect " as if the server was never created at all. I have no idea what to do, and no one can answer my question, on any site I've been to besides here. Not even the Minecraft forum itself could help me.
Please help...I just want a Minecraft server of my own...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM

I'm not smart but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to play and run the server on the same box.

I don't know specifically about minecraft but:

1. You can't run server client version of Minecraft and user client version of Minecraft at same time (I think).
2. Are you sure you even tried to set up the server using the server client version of Minecraft? (if there is one?)
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM

First of all, have you forwarded your ports?
I didn't notice that in the list above, so I thought I may as well suggest it. I'm running bukkit on 1.8.1 fine, so I'm assuming this is A. something to do with your ISP, B. something to do with your computers IP, C. you're configuring something WRONG, or D. Something exploded in the space time continuum and destroyed the reality that'll ever cause your server to work.
ANYWAY. I dislike giving tutorials over Yahoo Answers, so if you want a little more of a comprehensive answer and some live help from a fellow hoster, add remikih@aol.com to your IM client, if you have any. If not, use meebo? Or you can merely send me a yahoo IM.

Best wishes,
Ben

Ads