Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i need help with my computer that does not boot...?
05-30-2014, 01:20 PM
i need help with my computer that does not boot...?
when i turn on my computer, it shows my computer's brand's name (HP) (the blue screen :]) and im guessing that's the BIOS screen? maybe not? im not sure... but yeah after that screen, the screen turns black, and u know how windows supppsoed to load? it doesn't...

it just stays on the black screen... and i don't think my computer is processing anything cuz i don't hear or see my computer working. the led light? doesn't flicker. it just stays black.

the problem started out like this... i got a virus... but i didn't treat it right away.. and after few days or weeks it became a serious problem.

it gave me all these pop ups and opened up my files and ran random "anti virus" programs on the computer. my desktop background picture even changed lol...

and then i tried to boot into safemode, but i couldn't getinto the safemode, and when my computer loaded, it crashed on me, so i forced the computer off by holding the power button.

THEN after, when i turend on the computer, the problem i described above happened... and it still is :[.

im really hoping it's not a motherboard problem... i mean i didn't even open the case... but im afraid that my forced turning off the computer may have caused the shortcircuit ??? if that's possible... iono..

im planning to use the windows CD boot to reinstall the windows cuz i think it's the virus that's not letting me load... but im afraid the problem is the motherboard and my solution woulnd't work :[

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER :[

it would be really nice if u guys could help me... thanks
mm.. the status light on the back of the computer is green solid light...
and that ANTIVIR RESCUE SYSTEM worked.. but it didn't give me any good results... it didn't find any bad files or suspect files..

and I can't load from Cd... after screen taht says "setting up somethingsomething" it turns blank black and is exactly like the problem i described before... :[

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 01:30 PM

put the windows cd in the optical drive then restart the computer if it does not boot from cd resart again and this time press f2 or f1 till it opens the bios then go to advanced settings and make sure the boot order is cd/dvd then hdd 0 then save and exit it should boot from cd. there is no magic fix for a corrupted boot sector to try to save your data you can try to do a nondestructive restore first but if it fails you gotta delete the partitition create a new 1 then format it and install windows hopefully you got a cd with your hardware drivers on it with your computer cause if not your gonna HAVE TO BUY 1 FROM H/P AS THEY DO NOT MAKE DRIVERS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ONLINE FOR FREE like all the rest of the manufacturers with the exception of sony do.
05-30-2014, 01:45 PM

Try booting off a cd - you can get recovery cds from
http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html

Or you could download a linux live cd - for example from Ubuntu which will allow you to use your computer with everything running from the cd.
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download go on try it - it's really easy - you might not want to stick with it but it'll be interesting.

If you can run from the cd then you know your computer is generally ok but has issues with the hard-disk or it contents, then if you cant repair the contents you may as well try to reinstall.

Ads

05-30-2014, 01:48 PM

In order from least risky/least unfortunate situation to most:

1. Pop a boot-disk-ized (see sources) CD-R in and at the only screen you see, choose boot menu and then boot from the CD.

2. Use the Windows re-installation CD like you were suggesting. This will get rid of any files you had (of course you don't have access to them anyway) and it'll take about 3 hours. This is what I had to do.

3. It is probably a motherboard problem. This is what happened to my sister. She got it replaced.
05-30-2014, 01:58 PM

I HAD THE SAME FKING EXACT SAME PROBLEM ABOUT 3 TIMES ON ONE OF MY PC'S. IT WAS FFREAKIN ANNOYING. I TRIED UNINSTALLING THE ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM THAT WAS ON MY PC THAT CAUSED ALL THIS, BUT THEN AT THE END, I HAD TO REINSTALL WINDOWS XP AND FORMAT IT. IT FREAKING SUCKS BALLZ. GOOD LUCK. U WONT EVER FIND A SOULUTION EXEPT IF YOU CONTACT HP. (HP'S TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUCKS FREAKIN BALLZ.) GOOD LUCK!! Smile
05-30-2014, 02:02 PM

just one thing does your computer have error and status lights at the back of the machine?

one of my frends had a problem with a hp computer and there was no on screen error messages but i discovered four lights at the back of his pc indicating the problem and all i had to do was look up this light pattern in the manual to tell him that his ram was not correctly inserted

so please take a quick look behind your machine and see if there is any status lights behind the machine and out of sight

there are quite a different number of combos of light sequences if you do have these there are lights that are off lights that are yellow or green or flashing