Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove fbi virus with Malwarebytes cd?
05-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Remove fbi virus with Malwarebytes cd?
This just happened from one moment to the next. Walked a way from PC for a drink came back to continue my online shopping and this msg popped up. I have the actual malwarebytes cd can i use this to remove virus while in safe mode and how do I do this task?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
If you can get into safe mode it should. The FBI viruses prevents most puters from using safe mode. If that is the case for you the info below will help.

The instruction below will remove the FBI MoneyPak, Mandiant U.S.A Cyber Security, Department of Justice, QVO6 or any other ransomware.

If you have ransomware then read the link below, it has full instructions to remove it from your puter. To remove it, you will need a working puter. Your going to have to download HitmanPro and install it on another puter and then make a bootable USB. On the infected puter your going to have to change the boot order so it will boot from the USB. When you press the power button on the infected puter, start tapping the F key for your puter (see the list below for your F key) and the BIOS menu will open. Select the boot order and make the USB the first boot device.

These two videos show the process.

If all else fails you will need to try to recover your data and files. Go to the link below and read on how to download a Linux Live CD to boot the system to recover what you want. If you have a Windows 8 puter then you need to turn of secure boot before using the CD. The live CD will also allow you to check out the rest of the puter. It helps to have a thumb drive or a external drive to copy your data and files to.

After you get your data backed up you can restore it back to factory settings.

Using the Advance Boot Options

If you can not boot into Windows then try Advanced boot options. When you press the power button, start tapping the F8 key. You will see the advance boot menu. Select repair your computer. (This option is available only if the tools are installed on your computer's hard disk.) Select your language and then enter your user name and password. Then click on (brand name) factory Image Restore and next. Answer the question and it should start the recovery back to factory settings.

Using Recovery from the recovery partition

When you press the power button start tapping the F key for your puter and the BIOS menu will open. Select recovery from the menu, answer the question and the recovery should begin. Depending on your puter this will take one to two hours.

Manufacturers BIOS menu F key

HP/Compaq ESC

Sony F2

Gateway, eMachines F10

Acer, Dell, Fijitsu, Gigabyte, Toshiba F12

Your BIOS menu should look something like this. Yours might be different. I am posting this to give you an idea of what it looks like.

F1 = System Info

F2 = System Diagnostic

F9 = Boot Device options

F10 = BIOS Setup

F11 = System recovery
05-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Veronica, this is very, very easy to resolve. You do not need to use virus scanners or download any software, nor is a factory restore needed. Perform these simple steps.

If the computer is running, power it down.

Power up the computer and immediately begin tapping the F8 key until the advanced options menu appears. If some other menu appears, power down again, then power up the computer and immediately begin tapping the F5 key.

Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode With Command Prompt, then press Enter. Log on to an account with administrator's rights.

When the command prompt opens, type
and press Enter. If you get a "not recognized" error, type
and press Enter.

When System Restore open, select "Restore system files..." and "Choose a different restore point" (or on XP, "Restore my computer..."). Select a restore point dated at least one day prior to the ransomware intrusion (preferably two days), then proceed.

I've been using this method successfully, most recently on a son's laptop a few weeks ago, and it has never failed, although it can't work if creation of restore points is disabled.  System Restore should be the tool you turn to immediately when you know or strongly suspect there is an infection.

(For the record, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is not intended for use in Safe Mode.  It is designed for normal mode, and includes countermeasures against programs that stop virus scanners from installing or running.)