Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues dual booting Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 8 Release Preview?
05-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Issues dual booting Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 8 Release Preview?
Ack! I created a new partition on my HDD on which I installed Windows 8. When I boot up my computer, as per usual, I get the little blue screen that asks me which OS I want to use. From here, Windows 8 works perfectly fine. However if I hit the Windows 7 option, it immediately goes to the windows 7 Recovery Options Sad I like Windows 8 and if possible would like to keep it dual booted, but I desperately need to use Windows 7 for many things, including work.... (yes the Hogwarts potions master needs windows 7 >.< ) In all seriousness, I really need it and I would like it very much if someone, anyone, could help me solve my predicament! Thanks Smile (oh p.s. I originally was going to virtualize it using VirtualBox but that didn't go so well either)
@Bo Yans thanks for that, I did what you said but now when I pick Windows 7 from the menu, it talks about digital signatures, and the only option is ENTER=return to OS selection....... if you know what to do please help! Smile
@Bo Yans thanks for that, I did what you said but now when I pick Windows 7 from the menu, it talks about digital signatures, and the only option is ENTER=return to OS selection....... if you know what to do please help! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 11:28 AM

Download and install Visual BCD Editor from http://www.boyans.net.
Run the tool.
1) Select Windows 7 loader on left pane, right-click and select "Delete".
2) Right-click, select "Create missing Windows loaders".

This will recreate boot loader entry for Windows 7.

3) Reboot - select Windows 7 - Windows 7 should boot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply