Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble accessing BIOS screen on startup.?
05-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Trouble accessing BIOS screen on startup.?
I am using a Dell E510 and cannot access the BIOS menu when starting up the computer. The computer breafly flashed that F2 is the key I need to press to access Startup. However, pressing the key when prompted does nothing. I have tried over 10 times with no luck. I have held they key and repeadedly pressed it, neither of which work. I use a wireless keyboard, if that matters. I have used this keyboard to access the BIOS screen before, however. I recently configured my computer's startup and made it a selective startup, which may be affecting the keyboard in some way.
Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 02:33 PM

The solution would be to put a regular ps/2 keyboard on it and boot from with that until you've done what you need to do.
05-29-2014, 02:38 PM

The selective startup option in MSConfig doesn't affect anything that happens pre-POST, it only affects which drivers, programs and services are loaded afterwards. I would try plugging in an old PS/2 keyboard and see if that works. You might have disabled USB legacy support in the BIOS, which needs to be on for you to do anything outside of a normal Windows session (Safe Mode, BIOS, etc.).

Ads