Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My computer won't boot after fixboot?
05-30-2014, 10:20 AM
My computer won't boot after fixboot?
well,it quite a long story

first of all,I have windows 7 RC installed on my computer

the primary partition (which have windows XP in it) doesn't have any space left so I was thinking of removing Windows 7

I use a easus partition manager to remove the windows 7 partition by deleting the partition

when I finish doing that, I restart the computer,but the thing is,the Windows boot manager is still there (it tells me to choose previous windows or windows 7) but I have already remove the windows 7 from my hard drive so I google for some help to remove the Windows boot manager.

I found one that says using windows xp cd installer and use the repair features inside the cd (where the screen appear blue and u can press R to go into the console) and type fixboot or fixmbr to remove the windows boot manager,so I followed the instruction and now my PC won't boot into Windows

The first time I try fixboot,after that I restart,then it appear "Disk error,press CTRL+ALT+DELETE" something like that,so I thought fixmbr will fix this problem,so I type fixmbr in the repair console and type y to accept.

Now it still didn't fix my problem, it is still appearing a "Disk error,press CTRL+ALT+DELETE" something like that. now I can't boot into windows anymore,is there a way to fix it? I do not want to format my windows again...
@vcw1939

I know how to do that but it will have many problems with the software inside my hard drive,I try it before in the end,I still need to format again.
Oh and by the way,I've downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 3 ISO from microsoft download center,will it work the same as the original XP cd,I think I will try to burn into a CD and try to repair the Windows XP like vcw1939 taught me...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My computer won't boot after fixboot? - Ng LC - 05-30-2014 10:20 AM
[] - FTWTLWL - 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM
[] - Aeristes - 05-30-2014, 10:48 AM
[] - vcw1939 - 05-30-2014, 10:51 AM